Skip to Content
avatar image
Former Member

Cant connect to SMP 3.0 via ATE or Client

I am fairly new with SMP 3.0. I have migrated my (Work Manager for Maximo) Agentry 6.0 application to SMP 3.0 SP 08. The logs show no errors, everything loads fine (back-ends, definitions, etc). I am able to hit the application via web browser as https://<server>:8081/WM7TEST and I get the "I am here" message. However, when I try to use my ATE (not from eclipse), I get communication error (14) message right of the bat:

Requesting Public Key from Server

Communications error (14)

Connection failed

Ending transmission

I have read the following blog https://archive.sap.com/discussions/thread/3566343 but I resolved my SSL issue, the key-pair loads with no issue and successfully hit the url on the browser. So I am not sure what could be the problem. FYI, my ATE version is 7.0.0.537 but my SMP server is SMP 3.0 SP 08. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Victor De La Oliva

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

5 Answers

  • Aug 03, 2017 at 12:45 AM

    As far as I know the newer SDK clients should be fine with the SP08 server. As with everything you should test to make sure it is working as you expect.

    --Bill

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Jul 28, 2017 at 05:15 AM

    Hi Victor De La Oliva,

    Please verify weather the smp_crt.cer certificate from the SMP3 server is installed to your windows "Trusted Root Certification Authorities" store.

    Regards,

    Sravanthi.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Jul 31, 2017 at 06:03 PM

    The standalone ATE has been deprecated. You should be using the ATE that is integrated into the Eclipse Agentry Editor now that is based on the WPF client. Additionally the version you mention is the first release and I strongly recommend you upgrade to the latest available SP/PL for the clients and Editor plugin (SP15 PL03).

    --Bill

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Jul 31, 2017 at 06:35 PM

    Hello Sravanthi,

    Thank you for the suggestion, I had already installed the certificate in that "Trusted Root Certification Authorities" store. However, the issue was with the default-server xml. I needed to change "oneWaySSL" connector's sslEnabledProtocols attribute to the following:

    <Connector smpConnectorName="oneWaySSL" protocol="com.sap.mobile.platform.coyote.http11.SapHttp11Protocol" port="8081" maxThreads="200" scheme="https" secure="true" SSLEnabled="true" ciphers="TLS_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA, TLS_DHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA" keyAlias="smp_crt" clientAuth="false" sslProtocol="TLS" sslEnabledProtocols="TLSv1.2,TLSv1.1,TLSv1" compression="on" compressionMinSize="2048" compressableMimeType="text/html,text/xml,application/javascript,text/json,text/plain,application/json,application/atom+xml,application/atomsvc+xml,application/xml" />

    After the change I was able to connect, but then I got another error (14), see below :

    Logging user into server

    Logged in

    Sending client info

    Communications error (14)

    Connection failed

    Ending transmission

    Bill,

    if I update my SDK with SP15 PL03, would i sill be able to publish the SMP Server SP08? The reason we are not going further than SP 08 on the server is because the production instance work manager for Maximo application connects via LDAP, and I was informed because of Java8 libraries incompatibilities with WebSphere 8.5, SMP 3.0 SP 08 is the highest that i can go.

    Thanks both for your response.

    Sincerely,

    Victor M De La Oliva

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • The newer client should work fine with the server you are running. As always testing first is key. You can certainly have multiple clients installed on your machine to test different versions.

      --Bill

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Aug 03, 2017 at 12:28 PM

    Thank you Bill for you response.

    By the way, I was able to fix the error above. I had created an Agentry authentication profile in the Cockpit for my Agentry application. However, this authentication did not have the x.509 user certificate provider so then I switched with default profile and everything starting transmitting until a I got java error that I am trying to resolve.

    Victor.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded