I have a scenario here, Can you help me by giving some suggestion..
Migration of SAP 4.6c + SAP 4.7 (IS Retail) to one single system
First system runs in SAP 4.6C.
a) Modules Implemented in First system: - MM-WM, SD, LIS, FI
b) Server details
DBMS is being used for SAP DB2
OS is being used for the production server AIX and OS/390
OS is used for application servers? AIX and OS/390
Second system runs in SAP 4.7 IS RETAIL activated
a) Modules Implemented in Second system: - IS-Retail, RIS, FI-GL, FI-AP, FI-AR, CO-PCA, MM-Inventory Mgt
What DBMS is being used for SAP Oracle
What OS is being used for the production server Solaris
What OS is used for application servers? Solaris
Type of Industry: - Client is the Retail Industry
Other Legacy Systems
For Point of Sale: - Horizon
For stock procurement: - Galaxy
For Inventory Management: - WCS
For Master Data Maintainace: - Siebel CMS
From Horizon to First System: - SAPXI
From Horizon to Second system: - TMS
From First System to Second system: - SAPBC
Major Business Process in First SAP
Assume HSBC Bank business process
1) Supply Note/Cash/Cheques/Bureau from Head office to Branch Office every day (Creates SO/Dly to Branch, no billing)
2) Flexible planning of every days branch requirement of cash
Major Business Process in Second SAP
1) Settlement of all cash deal with other banks
2) Reconciliation of all account
1) What is the possibility of merging this two system of SAP to one single system of SAP as 4.7 or Ecc6.0?
2) If merging is possible
a) What are all the points we should take care since both are in different platform?
b) In R/3, We call it as Customer master, Material master
In SAP4.7 IS Retail, It is Business Partner, Article master
How to take care when we go for merging?
3) Any document, How the IS retail Organizational Structure looks like?
4) Second system does not have SD component. Since the both the system has
Different company code and different chart of accounts what we need to do at the time of Merging?
I know that, I didnt give much information about the both the system. Can you
Give me some valuable suggestion and useful links