Please reply if my question isn't clear enough for anyone that may have expertise on this issue. I'm a bit of a novice to BW, but I understand completely how the ETL process should work. Here are the steps I've taken so far that have produced no results:
1) I've created a datasource that uses data from an infotype table in r/3.
2) I've tested the extractor using rsa3 and received 791 results when I omit selection criteria.
3) I've replicated the datasource onto bw.
4) I've created an infoObject that will act as an infosource since I'm using master data.
5) My datasource only has 5 fields since I want to accomplish a simple transfer to see the whole thing working (from date, to date, personnel number, and employer, and city)
6) After activating my infosource and creating transfer rules (actually using transfer rules proposed by the system), I then created an infopackage, started the transfer immediately while skipping the PSA and going to the infoObject directly.
7) As you all know, I've obtained 0 records when I should contain 791 records.
If anyone sees any flaws in my steps, any advice would be deeply appreciated.