Skip to Content
0

Inter-Company Billing IDoc-Wrong Tax code in MIRO

Jul 26, 2017 at 04:38 AM

244

avatar image
Former Member

Dear all,

I have the following issue. We have an inter-company purchase set up in our system where, a MIRO document gets posted in background automatically via IDoc every time a billing document is posted. The issue is, on few occasions, the MIRO line item tax code is different from the corresponding PO line item tax code. The same is not consistent as on other days, the data looks good, but recently we have been witnessing these kind of inconsistencies.

Example of the recent behavior as below:

PO#1, Article: M1, PO Tax code: A1, MIRO Tax code: A1 (posted on 01.07.2017) =correct

PO#2, Article: M1, PO Tax code: A1, MIRO Tax code: N1 (posted on 02.07.2017) =incorrect

PO#3, Article: M1, PO Tax code: A1, MIRO Tax code: A1 (posted on 03.07.2017) =correct

FYI, it is a Retail System, though this functionality is MM/SD integration.

I would appreciate any of your kind and quick input which would help me resolve this issue.

Best Regards,

Sunil.

10 |10000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded
* Please Login or Register to Answer, Follow or Comment.

4 Answers

Jürgen L
Jul 26, 2017 at 07:07 AM
1

computer programs do usually not develop artificial intelligence on their own to annoy users with wrong tax codes, they follow code lines.

So you need to search for a pattern.

The very first thing is to check the IDoc, does it already have the wrong tax code? Do you have other invoice idocs from previous business cases where the same material was posted with the right tax code?

Show 1 Share
10 |10000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded
Former Member

Please let me explain my quoted example from my original post here.

"PO#1, Article: M1, PO Tax code: A1, MIRO Tax code: A1 (posted on 01.07.2017) =correct

PO#2, Article: M1, PO Tax code: A1, MIRO Tax code: N1 (posted on 02.07.2017) =incorrect

PO#3, Article: M1, PO Tax code: A1, MIRO Tax code: A1 (posted on 03.07.2017) =correct"

As you can see, PO#1 (01.07.17) and PO#3 (03.07.2017) having the same Article (Material) M1 and same tax code A1 have been posted correctly with the expected tax code A1 in MIRO (via IDoc). BUT, a document posted on 02.07.2017 (between two correct posting), a MIRO document was posted with a tax code N1 whereas the corresponding PO has A1.

--> Yes, checked the IDoc and it doesn't have any input tax as it is from Billing (VF01) and it has only output tax. I believe it uses only PO number and item number to post the MIRO.

--> Yes, the same material with right tax code has been posted both before and after the wrong posting. (pls refer the example, which is an exact case as this)

Thanks,

Sunil.

0
Jürgen L
Jul 26, 2017 at 04:41 AM
1

This input is not sufficient to analyze inconsistencies. You have to show how you determine the tax codes A1 and N1 and then you need to show the details from an order that has the "wrong" tax code, and this detail should show all fields that are used to determine the tax code

Share
10 |10000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded
Jürgen L
Jul 26, 2017 at 08:06 AM
0

Look into your OBCD customizing, here is mapping of tax codes for EDI Invoices.

review the https://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=47808864

Analyze your own programs if you use exits that ovewrite the standard logic

Show 3 Share
10 |10000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded
Former Member

Hi,

Following are the initial checks that I did and my findings. Sorry to not have this included in my original post.

  1. Checked IDoc for any input tax codes flowing in. -> No
  2. Checked if N1 was assigned in OBCD for the partner number and Partner type-> No
  3. Checked if any custom table was maintained with any substitution rule at all just in case.-> No

In any of the cases, I can't understand why a wrong posting would occur in between two correct postings. Any mistake in the set up should have resulted in wrong entries through out for all the documents pertaining to that article or the site(plant) or the company code.

One thing that I could realize from the data I analyzed was that majority of these inconsistencies have occurred in two company codes. But again, even in these company codes there are both correct and wrong postings for the same combinations in different times.

0

find your user exits or the documentation that you do the tax code determination different to the standard

0
Former Member
Jürgen L

I highly doubt as if at all there is one, the same combination (same company code, site, article) would not yield two different results. But I will try and check for one and keep looking for any other possibilities.

I really do appreciate your inputs so far and should any information which might be helpful strike you anytime later on, please let me know.

Thank you,

Sunil.

0
avatar image
Former Member Jul 26, 2017 at 07:01 AM
0

Hi Jurgen,

The issue is with the tax code determination in MIRO which gets posted via IDoc from Billing Document in SD (Inter-company).

If I am not wrong, MIRO lines take the tax code from the Purchase Order/STO and it works as that when I manually post MIRO. However, when MIRO is posted in the background via Idoc from VF01 (billing) in SD, in some occasions it gets posted with a tax code different from the one in Inter-company STO.

The example illustrated in my original question, shows the inconsistency in determining the tax code in MIRO (via IDoc) even though the tax code is same in all the STOs. Both A1 and N1 are input taxes though.

Thanks,

Sunil.

Share
10 |10000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded