I have a scenario wherein I am trying to connect SRM to a marketsite through XI.
SRM (Purchase Order) ---> XI (marketplace adapter) ---> Marketsite
The URL of the marketsite is of the type HTTPS so I am using certificate logon as the method for authentication.
Please tell me whether this is the right thing to do:
1. Create a self-signed certificate in the "Key Storage" of the visual administrator.
2. Export the certificate and have it installed in the marketsite.
3. Configure the marketplace com. channel in the integration directory to use the private key I used to generate the certificate I sent to the marketsite.
Having done that, I am get a "server rejected by chain verifier" error in the message monitoring tool.
Here are some other questions:
1. Should I create a new View for the certificate and private key, or should I create the certificate in the existing "service_ssl" and rename the new certificate "ssl-credentials-cert" and the private key "ssl_credentials"
2. Will a self-signed certificate work or do I need to get it signed by a CA before importing the response.
3. If a self-signed certificate will work, do I need to add another certificate in the "TrustedCAs" view?
4. If I should import a certificate response from a CA, where can I get the certificate of the CA?
I know these are a lot of questions, but I'd really appreciate all the help I can get from you guys. Please avoid posting links to other threads as I have pretty much read all of them.. 😊