Skip to Content

Planned Independent Requirements (PIR) and MRP

Hello Experts,

Last year I was working on a client and I had a problem. I tried fixing it and somehow it got fixed, but i never figured it out why that problem existed and how it got fixed. I tried searching for an answer here last year but gave up, so posting the problem in hopes that someone will guide me.

- Client used to upload PIRs every month in md61. Pirs they uploaded were of 3 months, while deleting the old entries. Conversion of plnd order happened daily for orders uptill 6 days in future. Problem existed for the upcoming 6 days on the day of deleting/uploading so i will only highlight them: Example: months July, Aug and Sept --- Aug, Sept and Oct.
- 30th July: plnd orders converted till 6 Aug.
- 30th july: All PIRs deleted till 30th sept and new pirs uploaded till 31st Oct.
- 30th july: MRP run(md01). New planned order generated for the 3 whole months. New Plnd orders also generated from 1 to 6 aug. New plnd orders should not have been generated for 1 to 6 aug as the previous entries and new entries in md61 were the same.

My understanding was that they will be generated, client didnt want that and it was how they have been working for years on SAP. Somehow I fulfilled clients request without knowing how.

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

1 Answer

  • Jul 16, 2017 at 06:31 PM


    It is really difficult to tell the root cause of this issue without further details. If it ever happens again, you should check in transaction MD05 for any exception message and try to add a screenshot of MD05 to this thread.



    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded