Skip to Content
0

Set statistics for specific RFC functions

Jul 13, 2017 at 12:20 PM

40

avatar image

At production level we want to analyze the execution times of the RFC functions.

In St03 only the average time is shown and in ST05 you can only analyse an undefined period of time before limit is reached and trace is not there anymore.

the average time for a specific rfc function is 1,2 seconds but for 80% it is like 0,6 seconds and the other 20% we have execution times reaching from 10 till 35 seconds.

The specific function is called 30.000 times a day by users.

if we could only measure the separate execution times for a specific RFC function during a day it would already be great but if the parameters passed towards the function could also be stored it would be even better.

Are there other tools or programs besides ST05 or ST03 to measure execution time of specific RFC functions ?

kind regards

Arthur

10 |10000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded
* Please Login or Register to Answer, Follow or Comment.

1 Answer

Nic Teunckens Jul 14, 2017 at 01:12 PM
2

You might want to check the (former Z-report) by Frank Buchholz : link SAP Wiki ... That code might be enhanced to grab the 'Parameter-I/O'?

PS : This Z-report was the basis for a new SAP Transaction "STRFCTRACE" : SAP-KBA 2080378. This report and others are mentioned in the RFC Security Guide (PDF).

Show 1 Share
10 |10000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Link corrected (missing "S"): link SAP Wiki

1