Skip to Content
avatar image
Former Member

Transport import quue

Hi everybody,

I'm experiencing a problem with transport import queue. So I hope somebody have an idée what’s wrong. When I make a transport on DEV, it appears in de import queue (I can see it in SAP and on OS level). After I refresh the import queue I still can see my transport on the OS level but it disappears in SAP.

The same happened when I tried with “tp addtobuffer….”. In the Import Overview screen I see that my transport is added to the queue. But when I go to Import Queue screen I got message that import queue is empty.

Strange is that I don’t get any error messages and in all log files I don’t see any errors.

Any ideas?

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

8 Answers

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Jun 11, 2007 at 10:42 AM

    Hi,

    It looks the problem with trans directory.

    Check the trans directory...

    If it is unix check nfs mount ..and permissions

    If it is windows .. check share permissions

    Regards

    Ben

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Jun 11, 2007 at 12:18 PM

    I used AL11 and I can find my transport(s) in /usr/sap/trans/data and /usr/sap/trans/cofile and I'm able to read them. So there're no problems with file system and with permissions. On the file system I have enough space. It's like something isuee "tp delfrombuffer...." every time when I isuee "tp addtobuffer....". Very strange.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Jun 11, 2007 at 03:11 PM

    Hello,

    please check the buffer log of your SID,

    /usr/sap/trans/buffer/<SID> and check whether you are getting following line in the buffer of your <SID>

    1. buffer cleaned on <DATE>

    Cheers,

    -Sunil

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Jun 11, 2007 at 11:22 AM

    I think I found something. In the SLOG file I found warrning: " Background job RDDIMPDP could not be started or terminated abnormally." I have to investigate this. Thanx. If you have any suggestions pleas let me know.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member

      Hello Mustafa,

      RDDIMPDP should not cause this issue. However once question. From your initial statement it looks like that you are trying to import the transport in development system. Please confirm this. Secondly in which system are you releasing the transport.

      Regards.

      Ruchit.

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Jun 11, 2007 at 11:53 AM

    Sorry that I was not more clear in my explanation. I make an transport on DEV, than I release the transport on DEV and I'm trying to import on QAS.

    After this action I actualy see the transport on QAS in the Import Overview screen but when I go to the Import queue I dont's see any transports. ...and it is still in the buffer - I can see it in OS. Only in SAP I don't see a thing.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Jun 11, 2007 at 12:21 PM

    Manualy adding the transport to the queue is not working as well.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member

      Hi Mustafa,

      Might sound wierd .. Just check if you have not placed any filter in the import queue. If you find any kind of filter just remove it.

      Regards.

      Ruchit.

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Jun 11, 2007 at 03:42 PM

    There're no filters and I checked the buffer and I'm getting the line # buffer cleaned on <DATE>.

    I traced my actions and only what I see is "tp addtobuffer..." and "tp showbuffer". There is nothig like "tp delfrombuffer...".

    tp and R3trans are both version 177.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Jun 12, 2007 at 11:18 AM

    Hi guys,

    I just want to let you know that my problem is solved. I put all the systems in the landscape in the same transport group and now it works fine. Thank you for working with me on this and I hoope that I'll get chance to help you in the future.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded