Skip to Content
avatar image
Former Member

Problem with WebDynpro tutorial

Hello Folks,

i currently try out WebDynpro to get some experience with this technology.

I used the "Web Dynpro for ABAP: Tutorial 1- Create a simple Web Dynpro Application" and created a table display using this "context" stuff with reference to a table. Because I have not yet filled the sflight-tables i simply used T002T as a table (the language texts".

When I run my application in the browser I cant see any data. But the number of rows shown in the "scroll down" menu are exactly the number of rown in this table. I even restricted the selection of table further and then also have exactly the correct number of rows beeing displayed in the browser.

Having the correct number of rown is nice, but there is not data beeing displayed.

The 41 rows I selected and that are now displayed are simply empty.

Has anyone of you a clue what the reason could be? I think the binding is correct and the internal table is correctly filled by the method (because I can see the correct number of rows in the browser).

I usually prefer to find these errors by my own to learn but after 6 hours I thought that one of you might have the question or a good hint impromptu.

Regards, Hendrik

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

2 Answers

  • Best Answer
    avatar image
    Former Member
    Jun 11, 2007 at 03:52 AM

    Hi Hendrik,

    Are the column headers being displayed ?

    If not that means you have only done the data source binding and not the column binding.

    for this you need to right click on the table ui-element and say create binding, in the popup you select the node and its corresponding attributes, also select the cell editor ( u can go for textview ), next mark the binding 'checkbox' for each of the attributes, i think you would have missed out on this. Finally click on OK.

    Activate and test.

    Regards,

    Shweta

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Jun 12, 2007 at 06:38 AM

    Hello Shweta,

    thanks for you reply. Actually it was another problem. I simply had an wrong table declaration in the method-coding.

    But your binding comment made me check the whole dataflow.

    Thanks for your support, Hendrik

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded