Skip to Content
Former Member
Jun 05, 2007 at 06:20 PM

New Line Character problem in mail attachment


Hi all,

my xi-box is in patch level 16. i need to send the mapped xml as a pipe delimited file(a lineitem per line) attachment to a mail id. so i use MTB to content convert the payload and attach the content as an attachment using a custom module and send the mail. Since the naming convention of the attachment (as per my requirement) says the file should be a .txt file, i 've used text/plain as the content-type.

if i open the attachment in textpad or wordpad i can see one lineitem per line; but if i open it with notepad its not the case.lineitems do not appear in separate lines but appear continuously. i 'm seeing a box character as a separator between the lineitems. i'm not able to figure it out why.

i used MTB in file adapter and content converted the payload and opened the file in notepad;it was fine.

But i'm not able to figure out why its happening with the mail attachment. If you have come across such a problem please suggest me to solve this.