Skip to Content
author's profile photo Former Member
Former Member

Modifying Query program

Hi All,

When I modifed the query genarated program(copied to SE38), by adding additional 2 fields.. the performance of the program became very bad..

the actual program is taking 44 seconds.. where as modified program is taking

1600 seconds..

when I tried to find the problem, the data selection(select stmts) is very fast.. but the read statements inside the loop taking very much time eventhough I used binary search or hashed key internal table.. even the display statements also taking very long time..(The records it is printing is 40k).. so in debugging I am not finding any difference..

Is there any solution for this.. what might be the actuall problem

Please help me..

Thanks in advance..

Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Assigned Tags

Related questions

2 Answers

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on May 29, 2007 at 09:25 AM

    Hi Haritha,

    If you are looping at the internal table with header line and which container k's of record then will need(take) lot of time to be printed, what you can do is you can use fieldsymbols or workarea to reduce a bit of run time.

    Regards,

    Jayant

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on May 29, 2007 at 09:24 AM

    Hi

    Why you modified the Query program?

    Were the needed fields which you added were not there in those tables

    You can verywell change the query/infosets and add the fields/delete the fields as per you requirement?

    Better to change the query/infoset instead of modifying the query related program.

    Try to read the Tables in the loop with the correct key fields to avoid time taking.

    Reward points if useful

    Regards

    Anji

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member

      Hi,

      I added the fields PO Released person name, where I can find this value from CDPOS and CDHDR.. I added some fields by adding to field groups of query.. those are not causing problem..

      but when I tried to add PO Released Person it is giving problem..

      how to change the query infoset for this field..

      Thank you

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.