Skip to Content

Failed to fetch metadata

I have NW2004S trial version installed without any problems.

But when dragging a webservice into an iView I have the message ´failed to fetch metadata´. and Portal request failed due to: ....

I have created DynamicWSProxies in visual admin according to the how to consume enterprise services using VC guide.

FU2_800 with url: http://erp.esworkplace.sap.com and FU2_800_METADATA with url http://erp.esworkplace.sap.com/sap/bc/srt/wsil

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

4 Answers

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    May 22, 2007 at 08:28 PM
    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member Theo Thomas

      Thank you for the answer,

      So this means (as I do not have another system...) that I have to go back on the solution search....

      Regards

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Jun 22, 2007 at 02:41 PM

    Hey Thomas & Eric,

    I have discovered the same problem as I tried to consume Enterprise Services of the esworkplace System within the DiscoveryServer (NW2004s).

    Since Thomas fixed it by using an internal System I assume that the Proxy Settings are the Problem in order to retrieve the metadata. The Backend configuration within the Portal also produce the error, that the "http/s connection failed".

    Maybe the problem ist that the esworkplace systems lie within a DMZ of the SAP network?

    Does anybody have some hints for fixing the Problem?

    Kind regards,

    Michael

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Feb 08, 2008 at 12:57 PM

    Hi

    Please let me know if this error is resolved. I am getting the same error.

    Regards

    Aruna

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member Former Member

      Hi,

      We re-installed the whole thing, and now it works...

      I must say that I really don't know why, but our first attempt seems to be positive.

      If I find the reason why, I'll keep this thread updated !

      Thank you for your help.

      Regards

  • May 14, 2008 at 05:24 AM

    Hi to all of you,

    I hope you didn't miss the configuration of the proxy settings for your WebServiceProxies:

    1. Go to Visual Admin.

    2. Go to Server->Services->Web Services Container->Settings (on the bottom tabs)

    3. Set the proxy settings (if you have such).

    Restart the WS connector by:

    1.Go to Connector Container->sap.com/com.sap.portal.connectors.ws

    2. Stop and start the connector (using the stop and start buttons on the top toolbar).

    If this still doesn't work, I'd set the WS connector's log level to "ALL" and recreate the problem. The traces are very good and can give you some idea why the connection is broken.

    Regards,

    Natty

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded