Skip to Content

Missing Data in some fields with export format Excel XLXS

I have an ABAP report with which outputs as an ALV grid with 26 Columns. Using the Standard ALV export options -It exports fine into excel using XXL Format, but when using XLSX format the 8 of of the last 10 Columns are missing their data.

It's not the issue with characters such as # or " causing the data to break mid line. Neither is there too much data - The same can happen even if there is only 10 rows to output.

I've been through SAP KB Article 2193144 - [Must-See] Most frequent problems under BC-ABA-LI area. But nothing matches my symptoms.

I've also seen 855314 - Downloading a list from the ALV to Excel. This mentions issue with downloading a list wider than 1023 characters - but the symptom is a line break after 1023 and my output is only 295 chars in the whole row. I'm just missing data for about 8 fields.

Is the issue some standard SAP issue/limitation or is the issue more likely to lie in my ABAP report? We are on Ecc6 EHP7 and I have used G_GRID->SET_TABLE_FOR_FIRST_DISPLAY to display the ALV grid on screen.

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • For information, the notes you are mentioning are for ALV for ABAP List technology (BC-ABA-LI; max width on screen is 1023 characters), not for ALV grids (Control Framework technology) which you are using.

  • Get RSS Feed

3 Answers

  • Best Answer
    Jul 20, 2017 at 09:21 AM

    Update:

    Issue was with the Fieldcatalog - There were leading and following spaces in the FIELDNAME and the OUTPUTLEN length in single quotes. So it was due to my Program. All fixed now :)

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Jun 28, 2017 at 06:38 AM

    If you don't find any SAP note about your issue, you should raise a ticket to SAP support.

    By the way, you should test more by moving some columns before or after the second column, as you say there's no issue with the first 2 columns.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Jun 28, 2017 at 11:09 AM

    Thanks for the suggestion about moving the columns. I've changed the field catalog output order and it displays OK on screen with the new order but the excel output is still in the old order. Off to google what determines the column order for the excel export.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded