Skip to Content
avatar image
Former Member

Referencing Application Libraries

Hi All

I want to reference an Application Library Project( that I have deployed on the JEE 5 Server) in an EJB Project. I have added the Application Library to the EJB Project. Now when I deploy the EJB project, it's not able to find some classes which are contained in the jars in the Application Library Project.

Do I need to change the application-j2ee-engine.xml file for the referenced library and if yes, what are those changes?

Regards

Bhupesh...

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

3 Answers

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    May 09, 2007 at 08:58 AM
    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • May 15, 2007 at 06:27 AM

    Hi,

    if you have a local jar file, you can add that to the lib section of the Java Build Path, build the Jar file. Add this EJB to an Enterprise Application Build and deploy. This should work.

    But Incase you are looking for jar files deployed as part of the J2EE server component.

    or DC's you need add the respective one to the application-j2ee-engine.xml.URL" target="_blank">http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/0c/c22d906eb63847a9ff1dac1e45fdaf/frameset.htm">URL for J2EE LIB.

    regards

    Vivek Nidhi

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • May 17, 2007 at 05:28 PM

    Hi Bhupesh,

    Better late than never 😊

    <a href="/people/community.user/blog/2006/10/24/applications-and-shared-libraries">This</a> blog should give you the insights on the steps for what you are trying to achieve.

    Basically, you would need a section like the one below in the application-j2ee-engine.xml of <b>the EAR project that wraps your EJB project</b>:

    <reference reference-type="hard">
        <reference-target target-type="application">
            app_library_project
        </reference-target>
    </reference>
    

    Hope it helps!

    -Vladimir

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded