Skip to Content

WIS 30650 and Free Hand SQL Reports

Jun 21, 2017 at 06:25 PM


avatar image

BO 4.2 SP3 Patch 3 Hotfix 1
Logged in as Administrator

We're having a problem opening some Webi reports in Rich Client. The reports were created in Rich Client using free-hand SQL.

Each of the reports that's having issues errors with "The action cannot be performed (WIS 30650)". However, the reports open with no problems in the HTML Webi Viewer and Designer. The problem is that we need to see/edit the query, which cannot be done in the online design tool.

I was able to duplicate the issue with a new report using these steps:

1. Create new report in Rich Client with free-hand SQL "Select sysdate from dual".

2. Save the report to the Administrator's favorites folder.

3. Quit Webi Rich Client completely.

4. Run Webi Rich Client again and open report from server - it opens correctly.

5. Modify report in BI Launchpad. Purge the data and save.

6. Try to open report from the server in Webi Rich Client and the error appears. Also, now the local copy of the report will not open.

Based on some research, I restarted the SIA, but that did not help things. I used the Administrator account and favorites folder to get around any potential security issues. I've found several SAP Notes and other posts with this error, but none of them seem to apply to this situation.


10 |10000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded
* Please Login or Register to Answer, Follow or Comment.

1 Answer

Denis Konovalov
Jun 21, 2017 at 08:21 PM

This sounds like a possible product issue, i'd open an Incident with SAP under BI-RA-WBI component for a proper investigation.

Show 3 Share
10 |10000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Thanks Denis! That was going to be my next step depending on what I found out here.



well, the workflow is fairly simple and nothing you do should make it corrupted, yet it does. So - proper debug is needed.


The interesting thing is that the report is NOT corrupted. I determined this morning that I can open it in the Java App on IE and get to the SQL with no issues. So it looks like there's something funky going on between the platform and the Webi Rich Client.