Skip to Content
author's profile photo
Former Member

Trouble starting addon

Hello all,

I am having some trouble getting an add-on I am creating to start correctly. Here is the problem:

1. When i set the addon identifier string to blank (""), i can run the addon without any problems (I am debugging, and have yet to create an installer for it).

2. However, when I set the addon identifier string to the value generated for an Implementation addon (using addon identifier generation in B1), I receive the following error when loading my addon (still debugging): "Error - connection failed: - attempt to release mutext owned by caller", and my addon exits.

I am using VS .net 2005, and have installed the B1DE. the specific line that returns the error is:

retCode = B1Connections.Init(connStr, addOnIdentifierStr, diRequired);

where the retCode = 100000010

any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Anthony Mann

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Follow
  • Get RSS Feed

1 Answer

  • author's profile photo
    Former Member
    Posted on Jun 26, 2007 at 09:45 PM

    problem solved

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member Former Member

      Santosh,

      It's been a while, but I think I remember what was happening. First, is the add-on you are making accessing the UI API only? Or does it use the DI API as well? I believe it was the add-on type that I was using that was causing the problem.

      First, try to use the development add-on type to get the add-on id string.

      If you are using the the UI API only, you can use the Implementation add-on type.

      If you are using the DI API, you will have to use the solution add-on type which will require a basis number to get the proper add-on identifier string. The basis number is for a particular add-on license and can be found in the license file the license server is using. Example, BASIS000000XXXX, where "XXXX" is a four digit number.

      I can't remember specifically how I fixed the problem, but I think you should look at these things.

      Hope it helps,

      Anthony