Skip to Content
avatar image
Former Member

Installation ERP 2005 - DB Instance Error

AIX/Oracle.

The IMPORT ABAP step fails with error. "Import Monitor jobs: running 0, waiting 1, completed 33, failed 4, total 38."

The four that "fail" all have the same error; but look like the load was successful

/usr/sap/RS1/SYS/exe/run/R3load: START OF LOG: 20070504114744

/usr/sap/RS1/SYS/exe/run/R3load: sccsid @(#) $Id: //bas/700_REL/src/R3ld/R3load/R3ldmain.c#8 $ SAP

/usr/sap/RS1/SYS/exe/run/R3load: version R7.00/V1.4 [UNICODE]

Compiled Aug 29 2006 04:58:01

/usr/sap/RS1/SYS/exe/run/R3load -i SAPSSEXC_4.cmd -dbcodepage 4102 -l SAPSSEXC_4.log -stop_on_error

DbSl Trace: ORA-1403 when accessing table SAPUSER

(DB) INFO: connected to DB

(DB) INFO: DbSlControl(DBSL_CMD_NLS_CHARACTERSET_GET): UTF8

(TSK) ERROR: file /tempinst/sapinst_instdir/ERP/SYSTEM/ORA/DISTRIBUTED/AS-ABAP/DB/SAPSSEXC_4.TSK.bck already seems to exist

a previous run may not have been finished cleanly

file /tempinst/sapinst_instdir/ERP/SYSTEM/ORA/DISTRIBUTED/AS-ABAP/DB/SAPSSEXC_4.TSK possibly corrupted

/usr/sap/RS1/SYS/exe/run/R3load: job finished with 1 error(s)

/usr/sap/RS1/SYS/exe/run/R3load: END OF LOG: 20070504114751

Is ORA-1403 when accessing table SAPUSER my problem? Or is there something else?

Thanks

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

3 Answers

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    May 05, 2007 at 01:38 AM

    Hi,

    Please apply note # 455195 ('merge_bck' - option) and afterwards restart the installation from where it failed. The installation should go on then, please let me know the result.

    Thanks,

    George

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member Former Member

      Hi,

      Yes if you use -merge_only only the TSK file and the bck file are merged, export or import not started, while -merge_bck starts the export or import as well.

      Thanks,

      George

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    May 07, 2007 at 02:40 AM

    It's ignoring the paramter in the import_monitor_cmd.properties (so the *bak files are still there and I get an error)

    I have r3loadExe=/usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/exe/run/R3load -merge_bck

    Do I need to add a parameter to the import_monitor_cmd.properties file?

    taskArgs=merge_bck

    also if I wanted to run the command manually do I use ora<sid>?

    Thanks

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member Former Member

      Kai,

      I think I succeed too. Like you, I followed the "manual" instructions in Note "455195 - R3load: Use of TSK files: to merge the TSK and bck.

      <i>Manual: The TSK file contains current entries for all objects that

      have been processed. The bck file contains entries for all objects,

      however, the status may be outdated. When you merge the two files,

      the entries missing in the TSK file must be manually transferred

      from the bck file. You must then rename the bck file.</i>

      I reversed the approach to merge the files, but the same result ensues.

      1. Edit TSK, append lines from TSK.bck which do not exist in TSK

      2. Edit TSK, set any "err" entries to "xeq"

      3. Delete TSK.bck

      4. Edit import_monitor_cmd.properties, add '-merge_bck' (without quote) to the loadArgs in file

      5. Restart sapinst

      Although I did all of these steps, I had a network error before the ABAP Import phase, so I am having to do quite a bit of confirmation that the ABAP loaded. It did NOT error this time, and I do have a installationSuccesfullyFinished.dat file.

      So I don't know for sure if step 4, above, is needed, because like you I did not the -merge_bck option in the R3load commands executing. Nonetheless, I feel that this is a workaround.

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    May 16, 2007 at 07:10 PM

    Hi Kai,

    I ran into a similar problem. I was running the installation in an Xwindow and the session timed out, when restarted the installation from where it stoped I ran into one error after another.

    I restarted the installation from scratch and ran xclock in another window to keep it active, it went passed the setps that failed. Or you can do ls -ltr and check the last log running then do tail -f <logfile>

    George

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded