Skip to Content

Issues Making 64 Bit Add-On

I’m currently working on an existing project developed by a former developer to create an add-on for B1. I was able to add the new features the client wanted and compile the add-on as the 32 bit version. However, when I change project to compile as 64 bit and build the add-on, I get this error when I try to import the add-on in B1 “An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format”

Has anyone seen this type of error before and if so, would you know how to correct the issue?

Regards,

William

error.png (7.9 kB)
Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

2 Answers

  • Jun 16, 2017 at 05:07 AM

    Hi William,

    If your SAP Business One Version is 9.0 or higher, you need to make sure that while recompiling your add-on to make it compatible for 64-Bit SAP Business One Client, everything should be in 64- Bit including your SAPbouiCOM and SAPbobsCOM references.

    Kind regards,

    ANKIT CHAUHAN

    SAP SME Support

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Hi Ankit,

      I did update the reference to the SAP Com objects to the 64 bit version and then copy them into the dir the add-on is going to be compiled into the 64 bit version. For the project, I ensure I set it to 64 bit CPU

      When I make the B1DE project installer, I also ensured I set the CPU you 64 bit

      When I build the ARD file, I made sure I set it to 64 bit

      Yet when I import the add-on in B1, I still get the same error.

      b.png (12.8 kB)
      a.png (13.3 kB)
      c.png (16.7 kB)
  • Jun 16, 2017 at 12:55 PM

    Hi Willian,

    You will probably need to install SAP and DI API x64 too, then you add these references to your project. As Ankit said, everything need to be on x64 not only your project.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded