We currently run NW 2004, EP6 stack 16 on Windows 2003, Microsoft SQL Server as the DB. We have typical KM/CM portal applications, plus Java / Web Dynpro apps for external users (customer self service, order status, etc.) - which store and retrieve information from custom Microsoft SQL tables.
There is some talk of moving the platform to Unix / Oracle.
- What platforms are other customers running for EP?
- What effort level to migrate from Windows / SQL Server to Unix / Oracle?
- Pros and cons of being on Windows vs. Unix for EP?
- For the Web Dynpro / Java apps... difficulty of migrating those applications to interact with Oracle instead of MS SQL Server?
- Any other advice would be greatly appreciated!