SAP Standard functionality:
We are exploring SAP Standard solutions like MGE & Secondment/Return from Secondment for Expatriation/Repatriation scenarios;
Our scenario is like below:
- 1.Creating Personnel Subareas (locations) for global locations like USA/Mexico/Germany etc and assigning to CoCd and Personnel Area belonging to India country group – is this recommended?
- i)What about Infotype view indicator (PA0003-VIEKN) errors that customers generally face because CoCd – Personnel Area – Personnel Subarea assignment is of different country grouping?
- ii)Customers generally face Cost Center error as company code belongs to a different Country key in FI/HR modules – please suggest if this is a good practice?
- 2.Assigning global currencies based on employee’s deputation under India CoCd in IT0008; This employee’s payroll will be processed from India but in Host country’s currency and relevant statutes will be deducted and paid to host country’s authorities – We are exploring MGE global payroll functionality that may be helpful. Please suggest!
- Example: Employee belongs/hired under company code 1100 (India) and has currency INR, but he will be working in Mexico (which has currency MXN). This employee’s payroll will be processed from India with MXN currency and relevant taxes will be deducted and paid to respective authorities (remittance will be a question mark).
- 3.Indian salary IT0008 will be delimited (salary) on hold until Return from Secondment – If we implement MGE, how will it benefit in this scenario of salary being on hold when employee is Inactive in Parent Country and repatriates;
Your suggestion on best practice in most companies for this scenario will be highly appreciated.