Skip to Content

Community page display is disturbed in Chrome + IE

For the communities page I get a weird display both in IE and Chrome, after selecting a thread or topic. The options are lined up on top of each other as below with a black background at the top.

SearchSearch Log On

  • Logout
  • Home / Community Actions

    Can not get to notifications too.

    Avinash

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • I am unable to replicate this issue. I am going to investigate further, but since no one else seems to be reporting it, it might be diffcult to find a solution.

      --Jerry

    • Get RSS Feed

    5 Answers

    • Best Answer
      Jun 28, 2017 at 04:55 PM

      Happy to report that page Display is back to normal both in Chrome and IE.

      I did not do anything to changes to Chrome or IE.

      I am sure there is explanation but hey it is working now so moving on.

      Thanks everyone who cared to give some feedback.

      Avinash

      Add comment
      10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Jun 06, 2017 at 08:50 AM

      This looks like some temporary network performance problem on your end.

      I tried now in IE11 (on default settings) and the pages are displayed as expected. Are you still experiencing this issue?

      Add comment
      10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Jun 06, 2017 at 04:07 PM

      Thanks Veselina

      The problem still exists. I had cleared the browser cache. too.

      See the attachment.scn-page-bad-display.png

      First page of the community displays OK.

      It happens after the second level selection (E.G. when I clicked on notifications icon with number 2 today)

      Avinash

      Add comment
      10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Jun 07, 2017 at 05:17 PM

      I have the same exact issue but only on our corporate network. We have some kind of WAN changes going on in the office, which results in our traffic directed through some kind of proxy. Internet is slow AF and we get dropped all the time, have to re-authenticate.

      It works perfectly fine when I'm on another network, same browser and laptop. Not sure if this is something that SCN team would be able to address. However, it worked better for me before the last upgrade to "jumbo menu".

      Add comment
      10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

      • Thanks Jelena.

        The fact that it happens identically to both browsers Chrome + IE is puzzling.

        Surprisingly all other URLs/Websites (including SAP Support portal) behave OK.

        To rule out proxy I will try to connect from home where corporate settings will not be in the equation.

        Thanks again.

        Avinash

    • Jun 11, 2017 at 01:28 PM

      Even from home, without corporate network and no proxy the display is disturbed.

      Avinash

      Add comment
      10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

      • There is a comment by Oliver, which might be related to the problem:

        unfortunately we don’t have the core applications like Blogs and Answers available outside of Walldorf datacenters. Especially US and Asia/Australia SAP Community users usually see slower page load performance.