Skip to Content
0

Blank fields when changing query filters/refreshing merge objects

May 30, 2017 at 02:24 PM

121

avatar image

Please bear with me as I am fairly new to the wonderful world of BO. Ill do my best to explain my issue.

My universe is based on a financial schema and linked to a SQL database (it is not a data warehouse). Some objects have a date prompt set against them to enable me to establish the difference between total payments made this month, against total payments last month.

I have 2 queries as follows -

This Month - This contains all of my objects that I need, these include both measures and dimensions. There are a number of query filters that I have set against dimensions such as year, company name etc

Last Month - This contains some of the measures from the above query and is filtered to equal a
unique reference from the This Month query.

My Webi report contains a variable dimension whereby it does a calculation against a measure of Total Payments (This Month) minus Total Payments (Last Month), The unique reference that links the 2 queries are merged and this is visible within my Available Objects on the left hand side.

When I run the report for the first time using the following steps, everything works as expected:

1. Run both queries together and enter a date at the prompt for the end of last month (30/04/2017)
2. Then run query 2 on its own and enter a date at the prompt for the end of the previous month (31/03/2017)

My report provides the expected values and the calculation work as expected. All good.

If I then save this report and decide that I want to change some of the query filters (for example i change to a different company name) and follow the same steps as above, things start to go a little wrong. If I run both queries together with the same date of 30/04/17, I get a blank report, no column headers or line data. When I run the 2nd query with the date of 31/03/2017. I still get a blank page or sometimes just blank column data.

However if I unmerge my unique reference and remerge it, everything springs back into life and works again.

I'm a little perplexed that it works ok the first time, yet falls over when i try to run the report with a simple query filter change. It seems to be similar to the following incident

https://archive.sap.com/discussions/thread/3959318

10 |10000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

what is your BO version?

are you getting data first time if you run both the queries same time?

0

Hi Amit,

Thanks for the quick response.

I am currently running Version: 4.2 Support Pack 3

When I run both queries together I do get blank data in some of my financial measure columns and my Unique Reference does not update i.e. the references remains that was in my previous query/filter results. There are other dimension objects that update as expected, like the company name for example, its just the reference doesn't match the company.

By unmerging the unique reference then the references update ok but my financials show reoccurring values of the same financial amount. By remerging the unique reference, this resolves everything and displays all expected values

0
* Please Login or Register to Answer, Follow or Comment.

1 Answer

AMIT KUMAR
May 30, 2017 at 03:04 PM
0

check sap note 2413749 - Webi report having sections using merge dimensions failed to refresh in BI 4.2 SP3.

Similar issue and it resolved in BI 4.2 SP03 Patch 3.

2441255 - No data is retrieved when refreshing the webi reports migrated from BI 4.0 SP7 P9 to BI 4.2 SP3 P2

Share
10 |10000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded