Skip to Content
avatar image
Former Member

Pb with VC source code

Hi all,

I have a problem concerning the source code generated by VC.

Sometime, It contains statements that refer to elements that don't exist anymore in my model.

It occurs when i use dropdown lists with dynamic entries. I populate the list with a BI JDBC dataprovider.

When i close & open the model, the entry list parameter of my dropdownlist is now set to "global" and the window below is blank.

But the source code still contains the parameters of the dropdown list.

If i set the entry list to "dynamic", i have to enter again the parameters and In this case, the source code contains the old and the new definition.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Olivier

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

3 Answers

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Mar 07, 2007 at 11:56 AM

    Hi Olivier,

    I faced a similar problem. I suggest you define entry lists by the global entry list manager and define your entries there. In the properties of your drop down box, you select "global" and select the entry list you defined before.

    This way, VC does not "forget" the entries you made.

    Other references in the source code lead to errors sometimes, when you copy and paste or export and import parts of the model. In this case, make sure you did not reference to a field/variable by "[#ID------]@variable" but simply by "@variable" if possible.

    Best regards,

    Benni

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Mar 08, 2007 at 04:21 AM

    Hi,

    I noticed this thing in VC some time back. But why do you say <i>elements don't exist anymore</i>. They do very much exist and that is why the source code still contains the parameters. As long as you do not want to change the dataprovider in your dropdown, let it be set to global. Deploy as many times as you want, and the dropdown will work fine.

    Reward points if it helps.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Mar 08, 2007 at 09:08 AM

    Hi,

    The problem is little bit more complex :

    1. My dropdown lists are linked. The input value used to link them can not be a global parameter. So, from my point of view, it is not possible to make the dropdown lists global.

    2. I had to change the system aliases used to populate my dropdown lists. Unfortunately, the alias manager does not change the aliases that are used in the dropdown lists (another limitation, i think...). So i have to modifiy the alias of the dataprovider directly in the dropdownlist properties (i remind you that when i open the properties of a dropdown list, the entry list parameter is set automatically to "global" and i can not retreive the old values).

    When I specify new parameters, the source code does not replace the old ones but add the new ones. And at runtime, sometimes, it uses the old values (old alias, old input & output values) instead of the new onces.

    I've tried to export the model in gml and delete the unwanted blocks but an error occurs when i try to re-import it.

    Olivier

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded