Skip to Content
avatar image
Former Member

Blanks deleted in file conversion with XI

Hello,

I have created a scenario and communication channel in XI to pass a flat file to a proxy in R3, and the structure is just defined as a string.

When I have a look at the archived file it's OK, but the XML created by XI, and forwarded to the proxy, has a problem : when there are several following blancks in a line, this sequence is reduced to only one blank in the XML.

I use the content conversion parameter Row.fieldContentFormatting with value nothing, but it doesn't change anything.

Does anyone has an explanation for this problem?

Thanks a lot for any help.

Jérôme Dégardin.

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

3 Answers

  • Best Answer
    avatar image
    Former Member
    Mar 01, 2007 at 01:31 PM

    Are you checking in SXMB_MONI and seeing that there is only one space ?

    If that is the case you donot have to worry, the xml container is not showing all of the spaces, where as actually all are there...

    If you are to right click and click on "View source" for the xml...you will see that all the spaces are there...

    Regards,

    Renjith

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Mar 01, 2007 at 01:33 PM

    Je,

    you wont find blanks in SXMB_MONI . you export in it XML tool their you find the blank values.

    Regards

    Sreeram.G.Reddy

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Mar 01, 2007 at 01:44 PM

    Thanks a lot for the help, I realized that you don't see the blanks in SXMB_MONI !!

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member

      I also learned it the hard way... 😊 😊

      i did break my head for some time before i realised about this...

      Thanks & Regards,

      Renjith