Skip to Content

Bursting WebI Report with different BEx Queries

Hello,

I created a WebI Report with a section on the dimension ‘Profit Center- Key’.The source is a BEx Query with no filter on ‘Profit Center’, but a hierarchy.

In the universe the dimension ‘Profit Center’ is limited to a single node of the hierarchy including all the profit centers.

The Report works fine. In each section I receive the same structure for every single profit center and the node.

The publication and bursting in the CMC works as well. I´m using another WebI report for the dynamic recipients (plant, name, email) and in the personalization I connect the dimension ‘Profit Center- Key’ with the plant from the dynamic recipients list.

During the process, the requirements changed and I needed two add two more BEx Queries to the Report. One using the same multi provider, dimensions and structure, and another one with the same dimensions but another hierarchy.

It was possible to include the new data into the report and the section on ‘Profit Center- Key’ is also working for the new data. Therefore I merged the dimensions ‘Profit Center- Key’ and ‘Profit Center’ of the three Queries. Furthermore in all universes the hierarchy of the dimension ‘Profit Center’ is limited to the same node.

The Problem:

The bursting via CMC does still work, but there is no data in the single report sent via E-Mail.

I changed the section to the merged dimension ‘Profit Center – Key’:

And I changed the personalization to the merged dimension:

Does anyone have any Idea why there is no data in the bursted report? The report is not totally blank. There are some tables, but without any data.

Web Intelligence Rich Client, Version 4.1 Support Pack 7
Central Management Console 4.1 SP 5 P2

Thank you!

Daniel

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

3 Answers

  • May 30, 2017 at 10:12 AM

    Hi,

    maybe my explanation was to detailled?

    Issue:

    Bursting with merged dimension does not work. The dynamic recipients work. (Plant, Name, Mail)

    In the personalization I use the merged dimension with the plant from thre dynamic recipients.

    Every recipient receives an E-Mail with an pdf document, but without any data. Only the layout and tables are visible.

    The report consits of about 20 pages. With a section for each plant on one page.

    Are there any special settings I forgot?

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • May 30, 2017 at 02:29 PM

    I haven't tested this but have you tested with creating one variable and putting your merged objects in the variable and use in the personalization->Report field?

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Jun 01, 2017 at 07:57 AM

    Hi Amit,

    thanks for your answer. After adjusting the list of recipients it worked without a variable for the merged dimension.

    But it only worked once. As I tried to burst the report a second time one day later I received the following error:

    I have no idea what it means...

    I tried it with a new publication, new recipients and a copy of the report. Always the same error since yesterday.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Oh, sorry:

      2017-05-31 11:13:46,897 ERROR [PublishingService:HandlerPool-31] BusinessObjects_PublicationAdminErrorLog_Instance_231865 - [Veröffentlichungs-ID 231865] - Auftrag für Zeitsteuerung von Dokument "Reporting_R009_Industrieservice" (ID: 231,873) ist fehlgeschlagen: publication failed: com.businessobjects.rebean.wi.services.NoOutputException (FBE60502) [17 Empfänger verarbeitet.]