Skip to Content
0

B2B Add-on. Russian texts for inbound EDI messages

May 19, 2017 at 07:26 AM

210

avatar image

Dear colleagues

I need some help configuring EDI Separator and next ICO to convert it to an idoc.

When receiving ORDERS with russian texts (ISO-8859-5), the idoc received in SAP has the text converted to another format.

The EDI Separator AS2 Sender has no character encoding set but in log I found a ISO-8859-15 conversion after the message passed to the JCA.

Message status set to DLNG18.05.2017 12:23:45.676InformationDelivering to channel: EDI_Separator_Reveiver18.05.2017 12:23:45.677InformationMP: processing local module localejbs/ModuleProcessorExitBean18.05.2017 12:23:45.677InformationMessage entered AF MP exit bean and will now be passed to the JCA adapter18.05.2017 12:23:45.681Information Message parsed with Default encoding: ISO-8859-15

Could you help me?

Kind Regards and many thanks


10 |10000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded
* Please Login or Register to Answer, Follow or Comment.

5 Answers

Best Answer
Manoj K May 19, 2017 at 03:14 PM
0

You can set encoding in EDI separtor channel via advanced parameters :

edi.recv.input.encoding

Check this Notes :

1886205

1943863

Br,

Manoj

Share
10 |10000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded
Dimitri Sannen May 19, 2017 at 08:05 AM
0

Hi Javier,

You talk about a AS2 sender. There you have charset conversion. Try it out. This option is also available on the AS2 receiver adapter side.
Encoding can also be set on EDIseparator adapter level. I guess you should go for UTF-8 for all adapters or ISO-8859-15.

Kind regards, Dimitri

Show 1 Share
10 |10000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Hi Dimitri, many thanks for your quick response.

In the AS2 sender I tried UTF-8 and ISO-8859-15 without success. So I unchecked the charset conversion in order to not modify the incoming message.

The receiver is an Adapter EDISeparator, in this channel I can't find charset configuration.

Where is the EDISeparator adapter level enconding config?

Do you have any clue about where could be ISO encodings being set? I checked party and TPM also.

The charset must be ISO-8859-5 for cyrillic chars and other predefined encodings are not valid (UTF-8, ISO-8859.15)

Thanks again!

Javi

0
Dimitri Sannen May 19, 2017 at 08:45 AM
0

Hi Javi,

Keep in mind that you need to check encoding E2E. Also the IDOC.
My guess is that UTF-8 should do the trick.

Receiver EDI separator does not have encoding or charset conversion.

Kind regards, Dimitri

Show 6 Share
10 |10000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

I will try again, thanks!

0

Hi Dimitri

If you have time take a look to below log, I'm going crazy...

In the first ICO (AS2 to Separator), AS2 sender set to convert from UTF-8 to UTF-8

As you can see, all it's ok until the message is sent to the JCA adapter, when , I don't know why neither where, a encoding to ISO-8859-15 is set, destroying my message...

Any clue?

Thanks again

0

The log image missed...

capturelog.png (31.4 kB)
0
Javier Alcubilla Alcala
0

The separator receiver has the correct encoding set for eancom.

eancom.encoding = ISO-8859-5

And the message has UNOE as ISO-8859-5, the correct one.

This encoding issue seems to be in the com.sap.aii.adapter.ediseparator.ra JCA Resource.

I will contact SAP, thanks for all your support

Javi

0
Javier Alcubilla Alcala

Perhaps you could share the outcome afterwards. Always interesting to know what SAP has to say about this

1
avatar image
Former Member May 23, 2017 at 08:44 AM
0

Hi,

Please try with UTF-16

Thanks,

Apu

Share
10 |10000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded
Mate Moricz
May 25, 2017 at 09:44 AM
0

Hi Javi,

In order to use UTF-8 encoding through the 1st ICO (AS2 to EDISeparator) you need to add an additional parameter in the EDI separator receiver channel. By default the receiver channel has encoding ISO-8859-15. Go to the Integration Directory and navigate to the EDI Separator receiver channel Properties/Advanced tab and enable Advanced Mode and add the following parameter:

Name: edi.recv.input.encoding
Value: UTF-8

Save the changes, activate the channel and retest the scenario.

Best regards,
Mate

Share
10 |10000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded