Skip to Content

local async prefetch limit on 8x cache pool

May 16, 2017 at 11:17 AM


avatar image
Former Member

hi .. was looking for some clarification, on the usage of APF limit on 8x default cache pool.

a. Theoretically, most of the buffer read/writes to the pool should be via APF, then why its default value is set to as low as 10%?

b. While startup, ASE tunes this pool (along with 2k pool) on default data cache, to 80% prefetch limit. What does it leave out, the rest 20% for?

thanks, Deepak

Edit1: b is specific to default data cache, specified that.

10 |10000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded
* Please Login or Register to Answer, Follow or Comment.

0 Answers