Skip to Content
0

[BUG]: Incorrect display of code blocks in migrated blog

May 15, 2017 at 07:38 AM

191

avatar image

For blog Sending notification about SD incident status change to user’s RML

parts of the content, which should be displayed in code blocks, is shown as resizable edit boxes:

The behavior is the same in Firefox ESR 52.2.1, Pale Moon 27.3.0 and IE 11.

editbox.jpg (123.0 kB)
10 |10000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded
* Please Login or Register to Answer, Follow or Comment.

3 Answers

avatar image
Former Member May 15, 2017 at 08:27 AM
0

Hello, Veselina.

I checked this blogpost in old DB and I see that these code snippets are actually stored as textarea without any info that they are code snippets. So it seems like really unusual pattern for code snippets from old SCN system and we can't recognize it.

Best regards,

Slava

Show 2 Share
10 |10000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

In cases like this one (if there are more blogs with similar problems): what is the right procedure?

The blog author does not appear to be active - so there is no point in trying to contact him, the blog is set as Retagging required and I am not sure that alerting a moderator will help (not that I would expect from moderators to fix manually blog layouts).

0

Hi all,

Thanks for raising this to our attention. I'll work with the development team to make sure this is addressed. (I also tested in Chrome and the behavior is consistent with the other browsers you tested in, Veselina.)

Best Regards,

Jamie

1
Yaniv Bar
May 15, 2017 at 02:01 PM
0

I notified Jamie about this one, let's see what she thinks.

Share
10 |10000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded
Moshe Naveh
May 16, 2017 at 07:19 AM
0

Hey Veselina,

After speaking with IT, this doesn't seem to be a bug.

Can you please reach out to sapnetwork@sap.com so that they can further support you?

Thank you,

Moshe

Show 1 Share
10 |10000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

I am slightly confused why I need to contact sapnetwork.

I think, that I understand the reason behind this behavior: the element is set as <textarea>, without readonly = "true" and resize: none, which means that it appears as resizable and editable (I am aware, that you cannot really edit the blog). In addition, during migration it was not possible to apply code formatting directly, because in the original content it was not marked as such.

I could not think of any use case, where an editable text box would be useful, while reading a blog, which is why I was asking whether it is possible that they can be fixed manually.

If this is indeed an intended behavior, then it is absolutely fine :)

0