Skip to Content
author's profile photo Former Member
Former Member

java.lang.NullPointerException was thrown

Hi,

I am doing an inbound interface File XI Idoc(DEBMAS) scenario with a file of fixed length.

The File got picked up by the sender file adapter but I am getting a mapping error

<i>"java.lang.NullPointerException was thrown"</i>.

I disabled the field EDI_DC40 of Idoc.

The field E1KNA1M has a segment attribute(required) which I mapped as a constant.

I mapped all the fields of the source message to a target message(DEBMAS).

I tested the message mapping in IR and has no errors.

CAn anyone suggests me the reason for the mapping error?

Your help is greatly appreciate and points will be rewarded.

Thank you,

Joslyn

Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Assigned Tags

Related questions

3 Answers

  • Best Answer
    author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Jan 31, 2007 at 11:16 PM

    Joslyn,

    We usually get this error when the mapping tries to decode the payload .

    One way to check it is to get the payload sample copied from SXMB_MONI.

    Then go to Integration builder mapping and do the test. Under Test there is one small icon called Source text View.

    You can put the payload information there and test it .

    I found that

    <E1MARAM SEGMENT="">

    <MSGFN/>

    <MATNR>000088</MATNR> This format works for giving Value.

    Any other format gives Null Pointer Exception.

    Regards

    Prashanta

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Jan 31, 2007 at 08:29 PM

    Joslyn,

    Since you are saying your file is picked up can you see the message in SXMB_MONI. if not please check the sender communicaiton channel in adapter monitoring.

    If you see the message in sxmb_moni check the mapping as shown in this weblog:

    /people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/16/xi-how-to-test-your-mapping-in-real-life-scenarios

    If it is fine then I would suggest enable EDI_DC40 just fill in with constants of the mandatory fields and then disable it and check whether you are getting the same error or not.

    Also do a cache refresh before you run the scenario.

    ---Satish

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Posted on Jan 31, 2007 at 08:33 PM

    Hi,

    If your sure that no error and still you are facing the issue , kindly restart the J2EE engine in server and try it out.

    Regards

    Agasthur iDoss

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member

      Hi,

      @SAtish

      My Sender File adapter in RWB of Communication channel has a status green and working fine.I can see the message in sxmb_moni.

      As per your suggestion I will map the required fields to constant and disable the field EDI_DC40.

      The XI server is down right now, once it is up I will try and get back to you.

      Thank you.

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.