Skip to Content

Variant Configuration and Co-products question


Our products are configurable (KMAT & matl variant FERT) & we do not want to use the MILL_OC (combine order) function (no APO/SCM either), yet able to achieve the below-

1. Be able to define products of similar base characteristics as Main & co-products

2. Be able to ONLY produce (internal production or sub-con) those co-products/main product for which demand exists(i.e. pick & choose specific co-products, not all)


KMAT = A; Variant = B & C (FERT's)

Week # 1 - Sales Ord for A & C -- produce only A & C, not B

Week # 2 - Sales Ord for B & C -- produce only B & C, not A

We are trying avoid having to create BOM's, Routings, PV's for all these products.


Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

2 Answers

  • Jun 26, 2017 at 07:01 AM

    Hej Andy,
    can you share a bit more about the type of product we are looking at here?

    How are the main products and alternatives different from each other?

    (In some cases, materials differ by attributes like width).

    Is there a specific reason not to use mill_oc?

    Are we talking about make-to-stock or make-to-order?

    Regards, Stefan

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Jun 26, 2017 at 02:30 PM

    Hello Stefan,

    1. These are Mill Products (Consumer Paper Rolls). When we cut the Jumbo, simultaneously, we realize multiple Roll products (co-products)
    2. The main product would be the KMAT & the co-products would be the FERTs. The ONLY parameter they would differ in would be their Width's & the customers they are being made for, rest of their attributes need to match in order to be made as co-products (like their product specific attributes & dimensions like thickness & Diameter).
    3. The co-products function is not supported by the MILL_OC transaction. Also, we use a 3rd party system for Scheduling of the Orders.
    4. We are talking both MTO & MTS types of Orders


    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded