Skip to Content
avatar image
Former Member

Planned order flow in R/3

We load SNP planned orders for Final product in APO. & take PPDS Run...then we schedule MRP run for all the plants.

after MRP run we download the PLAF table to verify accuracy of MRP.In r/3 the planned orders are twice the planned orders seen in APO. How is it possible that the APO planned orders get doubled in R/3 mrp run???

please advice

regards

Kiran

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

1 Answer

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Jan 12, 2007 at 02:17 PM

    Hi Kiran,

    I am not sure I have understood your your question but let me tell the scenarios where it can occur.

    You have FG with 2 levels of BOM. All the materials exist in APO. The PPM in APO also have all the materials. But in R/3 you have not defind the Level 2 & 3 materials(dependents materials) as MRP Type XO.

    So when you do a planning run in APO It creates dependent requirements for the level 2 & 3 materials, which when sent to R/3 creates new R/3 planned orders.

    Now when you run your MRP it created new planned orders for the new requirements, thus doubling them.

    Fundamentally this should not happen if your MRP run is regenerative or net change planning so check your MRP settings, If you are sure that all other settings are correct.

    Also check the MRP type of the Level 2& 3 materials and set it to XO if you want it to plan in APO. Or take them out from the PPM if you want to plan it in R/3.

    If it doesnot help, give a little more detail so that we can analyse further.

    Regards

    Santanu Dawn

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member

      hi Santanu,

      i was also surprised to see this problem,as functionally it is not possibe as my master data was ok.

      Hence i took a Product heuristic run for the components for which requirement was doubled....i got the message log saying...planned orders with errors deleted after the run.....i couldnt exactly understand the root cause but the requirements were as per requirement after the run.

      So i scheduled the PPDS run again..which solved the issue....

      thanks for the help.. if you can further elaborate it may be useful for furhter use;

      Regards

      Kiran

      kIRAN