Skip to Content
author's profile photo Former Member
Former Member

Trouble during upgrade to SOlMan 4.0

Hi!

I'm doing an upgrade from SolMan 3.2 to SolMan 4.0. The ABAP part went OK without any problems. But when I do the Java Add-in installation I get to the part where it tries to start the Java engine.

As I can see with the processes all are up and running and yes I've tried to restart it manually and it all looks OK. BUT SAPInst are not able to get the status of the machine and only displays:

"ABAP processes of instance PSM/DVEBMGS00 [ABAP: UNKNOWN, Java: UNKNOWN] did not start after 10:00 minutes. Giving up."

All the logs look OK from what I've seen both on the ABAP and JAVA part, it's only in the sapinst.log and sapinst_dev.log that gives me the other error.

I can log on to the ABAP part, but not to the Java part since it's prolly blocked by the firewall...

Anyone got any idea???

I'm on Solaris and DB2 UDB, with SolMan 4.0 SR1 package.

Cheers,

Mathias

Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Assigned Tags

Related questions

3 Answers

  • Best Answer
    author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Jan 11, 2007 at 09:03 AM

    Hi,

    Check the Jcmon proccess working.

    type jcmon pf =<path for insntaceporfile>

    check the log of Server0.log or send us this log file.

    Best of luck

    Br,

    Amit

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member

      Hi,

      jcmon process is working.

      Can't find any strange errors in Server.0.log (I assume you mean under /usr/sap/<SID>/DVEBMGS<NR>/j2ee/cluster/server0/log/system) except complaints about missing java components and that I can take as the components hasn't been loaded yet.

      What I feel most strange about the error is that it can't find the status of the ABAP part either??? Anyone know if the sapinst check the DB or just connection to get the status???

      /Mathias

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Jan 15, 2007 at 09:25 AM

    I might have found the reason to my problem, not sure yet though.

    The reason is that the ABAP part was installed with a virtual servername and it looks like the add-in installation didn't like that. Soo now we have changed the hostname for the ABAP part according to note 8307 and rerun the Java Add-in.

    I cross my fingers and hope it works this time...

    I did reward you with 2 points as an helpfull answer cause it really got me in the right directions.

    BR

    Mathias

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Jan 31, 2008 at 10:12 AM

    Yupp to temp. change hostnamn in all places to the physical name was the trick, then we could follow the guide on how to change hostname to get it to use the virtual hostname.

    /Mathias

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.