Skip to Content

Which license I need to use to create document in SAP Business One from DI?

May 02, 2017 at 08:52 AM


avatar image
Former Member


I currently have a 3rd party external program that uses the user "manager" with Pro license to create a document from the DI. I wish to save some money for my company by assigning one of the following free SAP Licensing: "Compatibility License for AddOns" / "SAP AddOns" /"Software Development Kit - Implementation-Version" /"SDK Tools".

Can I assign a different license (a free one) to allow an external program to create documents in SAP B1?

I would be more than happy if someone can point me to a relevant SAP Official document that clears up this subject.


10 |10000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded
* Please Login or Register to Answer, Follow or Comment.

1 Answer

Best Answer
May 02, 2017 at 09:18 AM

Hi Aviv,

If user need to use only DI API program and he/she does not need the access to SAP Business One, you can use "Indirect Access User" License. It has the Full Authorization for running the SAP Partner add-ons.

Here is a detailed list about all the Licenses:

License Comparison Chart

Hope it helps!

Kind regards,


SAP SME Support

10 |10000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded