Skip to Content

BPCA is not returning results on Solution Manager 7.2

May 02, 2017 at 08:34 AM


avatar image


We have implemented BPCA after upgrading to Solution Manager 7.2. However we notice that it is never returning any results.

To test this, in Solution Documentation we have defined a Process Step for a custom program we have built, and generated a dynamic TBOM against it. The dynamic TBOM is created successfully and contains 511 objects (for a Hello World type program).

Then, we modify the custom program and save in a transport. Upon checking the transport we see that it contains 1 object, the Report Source Code. When manually checking the content of the dynamic TBOM, we confirm that this object is one of the 511 objects inside.

Then we run BPCA against the transport, but whatever we do, BPCA returns 100% unused objects. It is not returning the hit (intersection between transport and TBOM).

We also tested by generated a static TBOM (containing exactly the one object), but no results as well.

We opened an oss message for this, which has not been helpful yet. First the reply was that static TBOMs are no longer supported in 7.2 (this is false). Then the feedback was that there could be something wrong with the UPL setup (afaik UPL is only relevant for semi-dynamic TBOMs). Finally they are suggesting to test with a bigger change containing more objects (we will do it, but it is really besides the point).

We will see and update here if we make any progress, but in the meantime, does anyone have any other suggestion?

Thanks a lot!

10 |10000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded
* Please Login or Register to Answer, Follow or Comment.

3 Answers

Best Answer
Edwin Wisanto May 02, 2017 at 11:59 AM

Redid the same test on another Branch where 'Sites' was activated. The BPCA returned the hit as expected.

I then deactivated 'Sites' on the original Branch. BPCA returned the hit as expected (both for static and dynamic TBOMs).

So this was a bug (we are on 7.2 SP4). We did try to run BPCA with all of the available sites, without success. Only deactivating 'Sites' on Branch level fixed it.
10 |10000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded
Alexandre SABATIER May 02, 2017 at 03:27 PM


Have a look at the following notes:

Show 1 Share
10 |10000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Thank you Alexandre. We saw the notes and the issue is likely related, but the corrections were included in SP4 (which we are on already). Luckily we don't need the Sites, so we were able to deactivate it without problems for the Branches.

Paul Babier Sep 06, 2017 at 10:37 PM

This is due to a bug that can be fixed with SAP Note 2434197 - Elements missing when applying Structure Filter in Scope


Paul Babier

10 |10000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded