Skip to Content
avatar image
Former Member

Company List is Empty for only 2 of 21 client pc's after sql server edition upgrade

We took over this customer recently and our first task was to get them from SQL Server 2012 Express to Standard. (They are running SAP Business One 9.0, which we want to upgrade, but the first priority was sql server, since they had maxed out the db size for express). After upgrading to 2012 Standard, everyone was fine, except for two pc's. These pc's worked prior to the upgrade. I don't know what would have affected these two pc's. I confirmed they have 2012 Native Client and everything else we typically check in situations like this. When these two open up SAP Business One, they are immediately prompted for the server name (it isn't sticking any more). Then when I go to change company, I have to select SQL 2012 (it is pointing to an even older sql 2008). From there, I refresh, but still no list. The sql instance name is set to localhost and I can't change it from here. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

2 Answers

  • May 13, 2017 at 11:25 AM

    Hi,

    Check below points,

    1. Disabling anti-virus

    2. Turn off firewall

    3. Uninstall any latest Window's security update.

    4. Are able ping server in two PCs

    5. Run as Administrator

    6. May be user profile corrupted. Create new user ID for those system and then try.

    7. If two PC OS are Windows 10 then, 9.0 does not support Windows 10.

    If still not working then refer SAP note 2352940 - Troubleshooting SLD and License Server Issues

    Regards,

    Nagarajan

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member

      Thanks Nagarajan.

      1, 2 and 5 were already done. Turns out that these two pc's didn't start failing after our change, they have been failing for months, we were mis-informed and I will update or close this post. Based on our new info, we are looking at Windows Updates, although there are many, since it goes back months and not days. I don't think 6 would apply and 7 doesn't. After we check the windows updates, we will refer to the note.

      Thanks so much for the reply.

  • May 17, 2017 at 05:54 AM
    • Go to the SAP B1 configuration folder, default location is under "C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP\SAP Business One\Conf".
    • Back up and delete "b1-current-user.xml" and "b1-local-machine.xml".
    • Copy "b1-current-user-template.xml" and paste it in the same folder with the following new name: "b1-current-user.xml".
    • Copy "b1-local-machine-template.xml" and paste it in the same folder with the following new name: "b1-local-machine.xml".
    • Log on to SAP Business One twice to check if the issue is resolved. Ensure that you exit SAP B1.
    • If the issue persists, then go to the SAP Business One profile folder, which should be recorded in "b1-config-path.txt" as "%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\SAP\SAP Business One".
    • Back up and delete the profile folder "SAP Business One".
    • Log on to SAP Business One twice then you should be able to successfully log in without entering server details
    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded