Skip to Content
author's profile photo Former Member
Former Member

Debugging with Mobile Application Studio

Hi,

How to I debug using Moblie Application Studio. I tried using the debug option in MAS but it opens up a dialog box titled "Application" with "OK", "Cance" and "Browse" buttons. I have no clue what should I do further.

Can anyone help me with this please.

Regards,

Sandeep

Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Related questions

3 Answers

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Dec 20, 2006 at 12:44 PM

    Hi ,

    For Debugging follow the following steps:

    1.Go to run and type in path of vbagen.exe followed by regserver

    which will typically look like:

    run "C:\Program Files\SAP\Mobile\bin\vbagen.exe" regserver

    2.Then go to the folder where your application has been generated then right click on the .vba file and then select compile project.

    3.Then go to the code and set debugging on and then set breakpoints and start debugging on pressing the run code botton.

    Dont forget to reward with suitable points if issue solved.

    Ashish.

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Jan 04, 2007 at 04:09 AM

    Hi,

    I'm using CRM 5.0 with MAS so it does not have a folder C:\Program Files\SAP\Mobile\Bin rather it has a folder C:\Program Files\SAP\Mobile\Bin.Net. I could not find vbagen.exe in this location. Anyway, I tried to debug the application from Visual Studio, but it gives me two error now.

    "Creation of Login Object Failed" and "Starting MSAfailed" after that, where MSA is the name of the application which I have generated.

    Please advice.

    Regards,

    Sandeep

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Jan 10, 2007 at 01:29 PM

    Hi,

    Thanks for your help. I have managed to debug the mobile applications successfully. My Generation settings were not correct. Changing the Target folder help me solve this problem.

    Regards,

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.