One of our abap report is extremely slow, this report is used by all
branches of our company
and we are facing serious performance problem in this report. I have
analyzed the problem
and noted following things.
1) The report used "BSIS" table for a query.
2) In peak times it is observed lot of IO wait is happening on that
particular report and on
3) After analysis of table BSIS it is noted that table has more than 12
million records and
exceeding table class limit in technical setting of tables.
4) Size of table is 4 GB.
5) Table also does not have other indexes apart from one composite PK-
unique index. This
index is composed of 9 fields.
6) Update Stats is has been taken in 10 minutes of BSIS~0.
We are closely analyzing code and where clause of our report.
I want to ask do we need other indexes specially on DATE field which is
not included in
Do we need index rebuild as stats are gathered in 10 minutes which is
quite a long time in
Do we need table partition right now as BSIS has 12 million records and
4 GB of size ?