Skip to Content
avatar image
Former Member

Error While Using RFC Error

Hello,

We are using a scenario where an XML file is read by XI and the contents of the file are transfered to R/3 via a RFC. We have used a BPM to achieve it. The problem we are facing is: <b>We are getting chequered flags in SXMB_MONI; But our data is not being posted to R/3</b>. The workflow log also shows that every step has been completed successfully. But when we run the RFC from R/3 side via SE37, we can see that the data is being posted. Can anyone point out where the problem lies or how to debug the above scenario?

Points will be rewarded to helpful answers. Awaiting your reply.

Thanks and Warm Regards,

Amitabha

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Follow
  • Get RSS Feed

3 Answers

  • Best Answer
    avatar image
    Former Member
    Dec 12, 2006 at 01:20 PM

    Check SM58. Do you see any entries there.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member Former Member

      Hi Vijaya,

      I have checked SM58 as you mentioned..nothing is present for the particular user credentials.

      Checked whether "Commit Work" statement was included..indeed it is included.

      Step before Call Adapter contains the appropriate data.

      Regards,

      Amitabha

  • Dec 12, 2006 at 01:13 PM

    check the RFC adapter in RWB and see the log.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Jun 14, 2007 at 01:06 PM

    Hi People,

    First of all really sorry for the severely late reply. We had solved the problem ages ago, just forgot to mark the thread 'Answered'. The problem was with data format, means, the data that was passed to the RFC import parameters from XI did not fulfill some requirements of the BAPI that was called within the RFC. The BAPI required fields to be of exact character length, meaning material number 18 char, production order 12 char,etc with zero-padded in case the values were of shorter length. Problem was, XI was passing the values as-is, so the BAPI was rejecting it. Running the RFC from front-end was working because in ABAP, the fields were being converted internally to the required format. Debugging the RFC call from XI at runtime revealed the problem and a subsequesnt mapping to incorporate the above requirement did the trick.

    Thanks for all the help, people...and I sincerely say sorry to the Forum and the Moderators for violating the rule stated in:

    Regards,

    Amitabha

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded