1) What is the main difference between a BAPI and XI.
2) I know that XI will be picking up a folder containing records using some adapeter to post the records in SAP transcation. Am I correct here?
3) If I am correct. Is the main difference is that BAPI cannot post the records in to legacy system and XI can?
4) I know that main use of BAPI is to post the records at object level. I mean if there are any furhter changes in screens of SAP transcation, BAPI can still handle it. Does XI too supports this?
5) Can XI will help me to create a Purchase Order or Pay check or FB01?
your answers will help me answer my bunch of queries. Before I decide to use BAPI or XI where there should be bidirectional data for some intermediate oracle database from a legacy system to SAP.
6) Of course, If I had decided to use XI instead of BAPI. How would i know which table to be updated suppose if PO has to be created?
your answers in this critical situation will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.