Skip to Content
avatar image
Former Member

IDOC structure not displaying in Xpath condition editor

We are implementing an IDOC to Business Service (Party) scenario, but are running into issues when we try to add an expression using the Xpath editor. When we first click on the condition editor field dropdown, we get the following message: "<b>Message interface does not exist in any software components installed on this business system</b>" However, we are able to continue.

Next, we use the drop down on the condition editor, choose <b>xpath</b>, yet our IDOC structure is not displayed. We tried to build the Xpath expression manually, but the condition is never satisfied even though we are sending through IDOCs with the RECIPNT_NO that matches our condition RECIPNT_NO (as shown below).

Condition: /p1:INVOIC01/IDOC/E1EDK01/RECIPNT_NO = 0000500147

(p1 = urn:sap-com:document:sap:idoc:messages)

So far, we have checked the GUID of our software component (under which our interfaces reside) in the Repository versus the GUID in the SLD. These GUID's match correctly.

We are out of options and need help.

Thanks in advance!

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

3 Answers

  • Best Answer
    avatar image
    Former Member
    Nov 13, 2006 at 09:46 PM

    Hi,

    just make the Cache Refresh once.. Directory->Environment-C->SLD cache refresh.

    Did you create a Business System ? is it pointing to R/3 correctly ?

    Are you using Business Service ? if so , add these message interfaces explicitly to this. i.e open business Service from the Directory and you can see Sender/Reciever tab. so add explicilty..

    e.g with party-/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/08/17/outbound-idocs--work-around-using-party

    Regards,

    Moorthy

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Nov 13, 2006 at 11:01 PM

    Hi,

    did you check if in SLD you have the product of the software component

    in which you have the IDOC metadata in IR

    assigned to your technical system ?

    if not add it and refresh SLD link from integration directory

    then you will see it in the business system

    Regards,

    michal

    -


    <a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Nov 14, 2006 at 03:00 PM

    Thank you both! You were both very helpful.

    Our issue is now fixed. In order to fix the issue of the IDOC structure not showing up in the expression editor, we completed the following:

    1). Added the message interfaces to our receiver service.

    2). Added the IDOC to our sender service

    3). Added the software component to our source (R/3) technical system (for which we imported the IDOC metadata).

    4). Refreshed the SLD cache in the SLD

    5). Refreshed the SLD cache from the integration directory.

    Thanks again,

    Michael

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded