Skip to Content
author's profile photo Former Member
Former Member

VC not recognizing bapi changes after import

Hi all,

I've imported a bapi and then after making changes to the bapi's input parameters, I tried re-Dfining data service to import the new paramters. However, storyboard does not show the new paramters for the bapi. Unless, I rename the bapi and import the new bapi. How do I get VC to pick up the new parameters for the old bapi?

thanks

Mohammed

Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Assigned Tags

Related questions

4 Answers

  • Best Answer
    Posted on Nov 14, 2006 at 10:00 AM

    Hi,

    in VC7.0 you can change this in the options now. Go to options, tabstrip "Compiler" and change the setting of Data service retrieval to "Do not cache data services".

    Regards,

    Ralf

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Posted on Nov 12, 2006 at 11:50 AM

    Hi

    For now you should try and restart the J2EE server, this will definatly clear the problem unless your R/3 some how caches the bapis. You should also make sure that VC is set to reload all webservices.

    Jarrod Williams

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Nov 12, 2006 at 06:32 PM

    Hi Mohammed,

    I had the same problems, while I was developing some RFCs. I think they are cached somewhere. Also a change in the VC compiler options for no chaching didn't help.

    Therefore I used a workaround, I renamed the RFCs then it works fine.

    I didn't find out where they were cached, maybe somebody from SAP has a suggestion.

    The problem is, that sometimes the input and output parameter changes without changing the import or output parameters of the RFC function module. Then you change a piece of code and nothing works. You have dump after dump, after an hour I started to debugging and noticed, that no paramters from VC achieved the backend system. Then I draged the RFC again on the storyboard and noticed, that all input and outpout ports are disapeared.

    There must somewhere a bug, but I didn't find out where and these errors can't reproduce always.

    I hope the workaround helps you, but it isn't a good solution... 😉

    Best Regards,

    Marcel

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Nov 14, 2006 at 12:14 PM

    I've version 7.0 and the changes are getting picked up immediately.

    thank you very much.

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.