Skip to Content

SAPUI5 Application not working on Internet Explorer 11

Hi Experts,

We have deployed one custom SAPUI5 application.

It is working absolutely fine on these browsers- Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge

But when we run the application on Internet Explorer(11), It does not load,

First we thought that there is some launchpad issue, but it is not working when we run it standalone too.

in IE console(F12):

Here is our index.html

<!DOCTYPE HTML>
<html>
	<head>
		<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge">
		<meta http-equiv='Content-Type' content='text/html;charset=UTF-8'/>
		<script src="resources/sap-ui-core.js"
				id="sap-ui-bootstrap"
				data-sap-ui-libs="sap.m"
				data-sap-ui-theme="companyBranding"
				data-sap-ui-xx-bindingSyntax="complex"
				>
		</script>
		<!-- only load the mobile lib "sap.m" and the "sap_bluecrystal" theme -->
		     <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="Style/myCSS.css">
<script>
				sap.ui.localResources("zmissionu");
				var app = new sap.m.App({initialPage:"iduser_screen1"});
				
				var page = sap.ui.view({id:"iduser_screen1", viewName:"zmissionu.user_screen", type:sap.ui.core.mvc.ViewType.XML});
							app.addPage(page);
				app.placeAt("content");
		</script>


	</head>
	<body class="sapUiBody" role="application">
		<div id="content"></div>
	</body>
</html>
console-error.jpg (73.5 kB)
Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

4 Answers

  • Best Answer
    Aug 15, 2017 at 03:24 PM

    I encountered with same problem again, So I used polyfill , It helps to make application compatible with your browser.

    Add this in index.html and also, If it is still giving error remove "use strict" from controller.

    <script src="https://cdn.polyfill.io/v2/polyfill.min.js"></script>
    
    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Apr 05, 2017 at 12:08 PM

    where is your controller?

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Aug 05, 2017 at 01:47 AM

    Chrome browser has the tendency to ignore some of the common coding errors, so it feels like the code is working fine in chrome. But IE is more strict in checking the syntax.

    From the console it is clear that there is a syntax error in the controller....

    Like Jun mentioned without seeing the controller its difficult to identify the issue.

    Trying using this http://www.jslint.com/ to identify the error.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Aug 16, 2017 at 02:08 PM

    Hi,

    this is a common problem when you try to run your app in IE. It's mainly because IE has stricts policy when you use "strict mode".

    I usually use http://jshint.com/ when I need to validate a .js file

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded