We experienced performance problems in our XI Production System yesterday, which got resolved on it's own.
We noticed that there were more than 5000 messages waiting to be processed and Adapter Engine was processing them very slowly.
To investiage the cause, we checked Component Monitoring, Message Monitoring and Performance monitoring in Runtime Workbench to find out the status of the componenets.
To our surprise, the performance of message processing improved all of a sudden after few checks in Runtime Workbench. This happened in prevous occassions as well.
We are wondering how the messages processing improved all of sudden after few checks in RWB. XI Server was not busy at all at that time.
I would be grateful for any valuable tips on this to identify the cause or to improve the performance.