Skip to Content
avatar image
Former Member

Connection between SDM client and server is broken

Dear All,

First of all this is what I have

-NW04 SPS 17

-NWDS Version: 7.0.09 Build id: 200608262203

-using VPN connection

-telnet on port 57018 is succesfull

I can login to SDM server (from NWDS and from SDM GUI) I can see the state of SDM(green light), restart it, can navigate through tabs in GUI, but every time I am trying to deploy an ear i have this error:

Deployment exception : Filetransfer failed: Error received from server: Connection between SDM client and server is broken

Inner exception was :

Filetransfer failed: Error received from server: Connection between SDM client and server is broken

I have already read a lot of topics,blogs,notes but didn't find the solution.

Can anybody help me?

Best Regards

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

4 Answers

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Sep 28, 2006 at 11:39 AM

    Hi

    Only the connection is Broken.

    Try to restart the J2ee instance once then you will solve the problem

    Thanks

    Lohi.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member Former Member

      Dear Mukesh,

      -I have add alias to the hosts file (and was trying to use an IP).

      -I have increased SDM Java heap memory.

      -I have checked disk space under /usr/sap/<SID>/<INSTANCE>/SDM/program/temp

      nothing helps.

      I am really confused, I do not know what else to try.

      Best Regards

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Oct 02, 2006 at 09:37 AM

    Dear All,

    still searching for solution...

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member

      Mikhail,

      Do you still have this problem or were you able to find a solution.

      I too have been seeing this error for the last week and a half. When I view port usage via a utility such as netstat or aports I see that port 50018 is still reserved for the person who last deployed - it's as if the connection has not been released. Also the file being transferred into SDM\program\temp is not completely transferred.

      I have found that be cancelling the SDM process, then doing a clean SDM shutdown/startup using stopserver.bat and startserver.bat the same deployment will work, but any further attempts are likely to fail and an SDM restart is required again.

      Regards

      Jon Ward

  • Apr 22, 2009 at 11:08 PM

    I'm having this same problem, i work in a team but only my deploys are failing because of this, my teammates are deploying normal.

    I tried lots of things but no one worked so far, could someone help me please? Only got format/reinstalling SO and NetWeaver as my last choice =|.

    Issue:

    Deployment exception : Filetransfer failed: Error received from server: Connection between SDM client and server is broken

    Inner exception was :

    Filetransfer failed: Error received from server: Connection between SDM client and server is broken

    I'd appreciate any help.

    Julio H.

    EDIT: Solved!! I had installed NW 7.0.11 on top of a previous installed NW 7.0.9, i shouldn't have done that. So i uninstalled completely NW, then deleted it's installation directory. Only after that i installed NW 7.0.11 and voilá, i can deploy again. Nice thing the new installation has all my old install preferences too.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Dec 29, 2009 at 06:39 AM

    Refer SAP Note 1144877 'Connection between SDM client and Server is broken. This is one of the way to resolve the issue.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member Skirmantas Balciunas

      I am sure you would have gotten the answer by now.  But for others that might stumble on the same.

      Vivek Shiroor's answer works.  The part of the note that dealt with NWDS is what we used (SAP note # ). There are files attached to the note. We downloaded the SDMClientProperties.zip file and placed it at "c:\program files\SAP\IDE\IDE70\eclipse"  The note refers to older path containing "JDT". The file requires no editing as it has correct values for intended delay.  Then after backing up we replaced the 'SDMClient.jar' file off of "c:\program files\SAP\IDE\IDE70\eclipse\plugins\com.sap.sdm_api2.0.0\lib" with the one that was attached to the note sas SP14_SP15.jar.  We were on NWDS 7.01. We restarted the NWDS after this and SDM and everything worked fine.