Skip to Content

Ordered quantity of Q-info exceeds Released quantity.

Hello Guys,

Need some input on the below scenario:

  • There is a quality info record created for the Vendor+Material+Plant combination in which "Release quantity check" tick is also active. What we have observed today is Ordered quantity is greater Release quantity.

  • For this Material+Plant+Vendor only single scheduling agreement is created & all the quantity is inward against the same scheduling agreement.
  • Procurement data is active in material master & control key is also maintained.
  • In Control key customization Message mode selected is "D Error".

So, my question is how the Ordered quantity is greater than Release quantity & why the system is not restricting while creating new schedule line?

Home I'm able to explain my query.

qi03.jpg (63.8 kB)
Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

3 Answers

  • Mar 28, 2017 at 04:24 PM

    Did you verify you have the proper control key assigned to the material? Make sure you verify in SPRO how the particular control key is set up.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Hello FF,

      Was expecting your reply. Thanks for replying.

      Control key 08 is assigned to the material master & customization of the key also looks fine to me.

      On further analysis in MB51 I've found something:

      Actually, 1,712 quantity is received till date for this combination. I thought that might be the reason it is not giving an error. Then I've checked change log of Q-Info & found that Released quantity is changed from 330 to 2000 on 23rd March 2017. So even if we check against 330 released quantity before 23rd March, still the received quantity exceeding Released quantity.

      Kindly suggest.

      mb51.png (18.0 kB)
  • Mar 30, 2017 at 02:15 PM


    Are you using S/4 Hana system. If yes then you have to implement the SAP note to get Release Qty working.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Sep 15, 2017 at 02:23 PM
    In the "Block Function" for the Q-info record, try putting in the value "02 - Approved".

    Then testing the qty functionality.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded