Skip to Content

Type of License to connect to SAP


I have a question concerning SAP licenses and what can be used, namely when connecting to SAP from external systems.

I have an application that connects to SAP through RFC and then executes a BAPI or FM with nothing more then a couple of SELECT ... FROM ... and returns the resulting table.

My question is what type of license should/can I use in this situation?

  • A named user with professional license type
  • A named user witth limited license type
  • Can I use the developer license?
  • Since it returns nothing more then raw data and no BAPI/FM are used can I use a user with a test license?
  • Is there a license type for this kind of situation? If so, what is?

Where can I read about such situation?

Hope you can help me clarify this situation!

Thanks in advance,Carlos

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

1 Answer

  • Mar 28, 2017 at 09:59 AM

    Hello again!

    Anyone can help? Not looking for prices just clarification on what type of license one can use or if indeed one needs a license for this type of access (SELECT only, that is, data retrieval from SAP DB).

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded