$(function () { pageContext.i18n.modTalk = 'moderation talk'; pageContext.i18n.replyToComment = 'Reply'; pageContext.i18n.modTalkEmpty = 'moderation talk is empty'; pageContext.url.getModTalk = "/comments/%25ID%25/listModTalk.json"; pageContext.url.possibleCommentRecipients = "/comments/%ID%/possibleRecipients.json"; pageContext.url.commentEdit = '/comments/%25ID%25/edit.html'; pageContext.url.commentView = '/comments/%ID%/view.html'; pageContext.i18n.commentVisibility = { 'full': 'Viewable by all users', 'op': 'Viewable by the original poster', 'mod': 'Viewable by moderators', 'opAndMod': 'Viewable by moderators and the original poster', 'other': 'Advanced visibility', 'dialogTitle': 'Comment visibility', 'selectGroups': 'Visible to groups', 'selectOther': 'Other recipients', 'selectOriginalPoster': 'Original poster', 'selectModerators': 'Moderators', 'selectAssignees': 'Asked to answer users' }; pageContext.i18n.commentMenuLabels = { 'comment-edit': 'comments.menu.edit', 'comment-delete': 'comments.menu.delete', 'comment-convert': 'comments.menu.convert' };pageContext.i18n.answer= { bestAnswer: 'Best Answer', controlBar : { accept: 'Accept', unaccept: 'Unaccept', acceptCommand: 'Accept this answer as correct', cancelAcceptedCommand: 'Remove this answers accepted status' } }; window.croles = { u: false, op: false, m: false, og: false, as: false, ag: false, dc: false, doc: false, eo: false, ea: false }; tools.init({ q: { e: false, ew: false, eo: false, r: false, ro: false, d: false, dow: false, fv: false, c: false, co: false, p: false, tm: false , ms: false, mos: false }, n: { f: false, vf: false, vfo: false, vr: false, vro: false, c: false, co: false, vu: false, vd: false, w: false, wo: false, l: false }, c: { e: false, eo: false, d: false, dow: false, ta: false, tao: false, l: false }, a: { e: false, ew: false, eo: false, d: false, dow: false, a: false, aoq: false, ao: false, tc: false, tco: false, p: false, tm: false }, pc: croles }, { tc: true, nsc: true }); commandUtils.initializeLabels(); }); Skip to Content
0

SAP ASE 16.0 sp_sysmon raises 2749 error

Mar 23, 2017 at 06:21 AM

42

avatar image

Hello,

ASE 16.0 SP02 PL05

sp_sysmon raises 2749 error when passing section name to second parameter.

1> sp_sysmon "00:00:01",housekeeper
2> go
===============================================================================
Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise System Performance Report
===============================================================================

Server Version: Adaptive Server Enterprise/16.0 SP02 PL05/EBF 26190 SMP/
P/Sun_svr4/OS 5.10/ase160sp02pl05x/2714/64-bit/FBO/Sun D
ec 4 09:22:56 2016
Run Date: Mar 23, 2017
Sampling Started at: Mar 23, 2017 14:57:55
Sampling Ended at: Mar 23, 2017 14:57:56
Sample Interval: 00:00:01
Sample Mode: No Clear
Counters Last Cleared: Mar 23, 2017 14:56:49
Server Name: ase160
===============================================================================

Housekeeper Task Activity
-------------------------
per sec per xact count % of total
------------ ------------ ----------
Garbage Collections 0.5 0.5 1 n/a
Pages Processed in GC 0.0 0.0 0 n/a

Statistics Updates 0.0 0.0 0 n/a

Msg 2749, Level 16, State 3:
Server 'ase160', Procedure 'sp_sysmon_analyze', Line 538:
Number of argument position specifiers in RAISERROR command is greater than the number of arguments passed.
(0 rows affected)
(return status = 0)
1>

In addition to "housekeeper", "esp" and "monaccess" also
causes the same error.

In versions ASE 15.x, it runs normally.
It seems to be a bug of sp_sysmon in ASE 16.0.
Can anyone check this behavior?

Regards,
Kazuo Otani

10 |10000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded
* Please Login or Register to Answer, Follow or Comment.

3 Answers

Best Answer
Bret Halford
Mar 23, 2017 at 05:27 PM
0

I've published KBA 2447113 on this issue with an attachment containing a fixed version of the stored procedure.
If you don't have access to KBAs you can extract the script for sp_sysmon_analyze using defncopy and fix it yourself, there are just two small changes to make:

1) at the very end of the file (line 538), add ", @section" to the raiserror 18532 call

begin
raiserror 18532 @msg, "sp_sysmon", @section
raiserror 18534 @msg, "sp_sysmon"
end

2) A little bit higher up, add a new line containing "else" before the line containing 'if (@section = "nvcache")'

end /* } */
else
if (@section="nvcache")
begin /* { */

-bret
Share
10 |10000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded
Bret Halford
Mar 23, 2017 at 11:44 AM
0

I agree, this is a bug. I've opened new CR 806690

Share
10 |10000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded
Kazuo Otani Mar 24, 2017 at 02:49 AM
0

Thanks Bret

I confirmed normal sp_sysmon run after the modification of sp_sysmon_analyze you suggested.

Kazuo Otani

Share
10 |10000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded