Skip to Content
avatar image
Former Member

BOBI4.1SP7+Kerberos SSO+WInAD+Firefox v52 no more work

Hello,

Since Firefox version 52, Kerberos SSO on Windows AD no more works with BO BI 4.1 SP7 Launchpad.

Did anybody notice this regression ?

Any solution ?

Regards,

Stéphane.

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

8 Answers

  • Best Answer
    avatar image
    Former Member
    May 03, 2017 at 02:56 PM

    Hello,

    FYI, as we can guess with the symptom, it's actually a regression with the browser.

    I got in touch with guys from Firefox dev team.

    They admit that there is a regression since FF52.

    They have corrected the problem in a patch I've tested and it's OK (FF 54.0b4 , 32-bit).

    It should be officially integrated in FF 55.

    So we can go on with Firefox and Kerberos SSO with BILP. :o)

    Regards,

    Stéphane.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Mar 21, 2017 at 04:40 PM

    Check if the your URLs (hostname and port) are in below parameters of firefox (about:config)

    network.negotiate-auth.delegation-uris

    network.negotiate-auth.trusted-uris

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Mar 21, 2017 at 05:16 PM

    Yes, all is OK.

    These two parameters are effective till Firefox 51 but no more work from Firefox 52 and above. :(

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Mar 22, 2017 at 03:37 PM

    Hello,

    Could anybody with such a same environment could test and tell me if this regression is reproduced with Firefox 52 and above ?

    NB: you can use Firefox portable version from

    http://portableapps.com/apps/internet/firefox_portable

    if you don't want to "pollute" your PC.

    Thanks.

    Stéphane.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Mar 29, 2017 at 07:49 PM

    Nobody can test ? :(

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Mar 30, 2017 at 06:52 PM

    Tested, works, same resolution it's always been KBA 1263764. I touched it up a bit but it was accurate.

    Regards,

    Tim

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Apr 19, 2017 at 08:33 PM

    Same here Single signon no longer works with Firefox 52 or higher. have been running with config from KBA 1263764 for several years without issue.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Apr 25, 2017 at 03:50 PM

    Just to clarify the bigger picture here. AD SSO is Microsoft spnego, it is enabled for SAP BI in Microsoft AD and java SDK, it is not something created or developed by SAP/BI.

    Each browser creates it's own method of performing spnego, of course Microsoft IE has the easiest implementation. Google Chrome and firefox can also perform it. When a browser fails this is not somethign caused by SAP/BI but something wrong between the browser and Microsoft (usually configuration). Again I tested this version and saw no problems. so if it's failing there is most likely an environment issue, or a 3rd party problem with the browser.

    Packet scanning the SSO attempt will often sort out the problem.

    Regards

    Tim

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded