We have designed a clustered architecture of two SAP J2ee Engines ( one central instance
and a dialog instance ) with no fail over option . I used quick sizer tool for initial sizing .
My queries are
1) In the quick sizer , I got 2800 SAPS for Enterprise Portal . Does it mean that the J2ee Engine ( Central instance ) has to be powered
with 2800 SAPS ?
2) What about the other J2ee engine ( dialog instance ). Is it have to be the same 2800 or 2800/2 ?
3) In your experience , do you give equal power ( SAPS ) to both dialog and central instance ?
4) There are other components in the portal like ESS/MSS , LSO .So do we need to calculate the SAPS for each of these and add to
central instance and Dialog instance ?
5) The portal Database in a separate box , Quick sizer doesn't give any idea how to size this .Any clue about this ?