Skip to Content
author's profile photo Former Member
Former Member

Addon stability in 2005 SP 01

Hi All

I have found failures of stability in my developments in 2005 SP01.

I developed a new AddOn structure, my new structure have a solution

by .NET with very proyects.

This structure have 2 Dll developed and 1 exe file (this used the dll).

My problem is that the develoment some time when conected Di Api generated

the "unkown session", i not find reason for error.

Any body have the same problem?

Other problem I have is the user works with AddOn load in SBO, and when

time passes the AddOn disconnect.

I accept any suggest.

Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Related questions

3 Answers

  • Best Answer
    author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Aug 18, 2006 at 08:50 PM

    I have a problem as well with 2005 SP01 where users discover that the add on has stopped running. No messages appear but they go into addon administration and restart it and that usually works.

    Unfortunately I don't have a solution to it but you are definitely not the only one with the problem.

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Posted on Aug 18, 2006 at 09:52 PM

    Did have the same problems when working with SBO2005A SP01 PL01-03, but since 04 and later 07 the stability problems have been minor in our applications.... I did nothing special to get the stability...

    <i>Kind Regards

    Rasmus Wulff Jensen | http://www.b1up.net

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member Former Member

      Hi Jose,

      We've also didn't notice any stability problems in SP01...

      However, if your AddOn suddenly stops (usually an not caught exception) you can set the StartUp type to "Required". In this case SB1 will display a popup with the notice that the AddOn suddenly stopped. It also will provide options to restart the AddOn.

      Hope it helps,

      Rowdy

  • Posted on Sep 05, 2006 at 09:59 AM

    You may want to use the B1 .NET Profiler to understand

    what is going wrong with your add-on. This tool traces

    also exceptions so it could give you some info about

    these crashes.

    B1 .NET Profiler is part of B1TE, available here on SDN

    under Business One SDK Tools section.

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.